- Case Studies
- Get a Quote
WordPress is leading the charge to revolutionize e-learning, contributing to the astonishing development of the educational scene in recent years. Micro-learning is a rapidly developing trend that offers the most efficient means of training both staff and students. You’ve come to the perfect place if you want to implement micro-learning techniques in WordPress e-learning.
Microlearning: What Is It?
Microlearning is a potent and successful teaching strategy that imparts behaviors, knowledge, and abilities through the use of just-in-time multimedia content and bite-sized information, typically five to ten minutes long. The goal of this learning method is to give students the information they need at the exact correct moment. This post will explain why it’s so effective for learning at home and work and offer some practical applications for you to use right now.
Microlearning is a great way to teach staff members new skills or refresh their knowledge because managers can utilize it to upskill their team members rapidly and effectively. Microlearning is the study of short-term material in manageable portions. Although there are various ways to provide content, the idea behind this specific approach is that students will be able to do it quickly and in a multitude of ways.
Formats of microlearning
There are many different formats and ways to provide content for micro-learning. Micro-learning courses work best when they last five minutes or less. The following is a list of typical micro-learning formats:
- Videos for microlearning
- Apps for microlearning
- Games for microlearning
Let’s examine each micro-learning style and the types of content it employs in more detail.
- Videos for microlearning
In about two to five minutes or less, microlearning videos provide students with brief, readily assimilated lessons on a particular subject. The goal of micro-learning videos is to provide students with an easily accessible, time-efficient, and barrier-free method of learning using a combination of narration and images.
- Apps for microlearning
Microlearning applications consolidate micro lessons and micro-content onto a single, readily navigable platform, facilitating the acquisition of knowledge and skills by learners. These apps include everything from language study to employee resources.
- Games for microlearning
Through the use of gamification, microlearning games facilitate knowledge acquisition for players. They organize the material so that learners can stay focused.
An infographic is a micro-learning tool that uses a visual representation of data instead of only text. Infographics’ visual method usually aids students in summarizing and remembering material more effectively than text-only methods.
When it comes to micro course formats, there are no right or wrong answers. However, try these and observe which ones your students like best.
Is Micro-Learning Successful?
Studies confirm that microlearning is a successful learning strategy. Letting people learn at their own pace and on their schedule increases engagement.
The following explanations explain why this kind of learning is highly effective:
- It Improves Retention
When material is divided up and delivered in manageable bits, learners don’t need to retain as much at once, which is why micro-lessons can improve retention rates.
- It’s Simple to Review and Learn in this way,
people can use this learning technique anywhere, at any time. In contrast to reading lengthy articles or viewing hour-long videos, chores don’t require a lot of time or effort to finish. People with hectic schedules can monitor their progress and maintain awareness of the new skills they have acquired through microlearning.
- It’s A Good Way to Learn New Information and Keep Up with Current Knowledge
Another efficient strategy to refresh current knowledge or learn more about a subject is through microlearning. Micro-courses are brief, simple to recall, and useful for students who, for whatever reason, are unable to attend in-person sessions.
- It May Assist in Saving Money
Due to the fact that people can complete the necessary learning at their own pace, this learning method can lower costs. It implies that consumers only have to pay for the portions of the course that they genuinely require. Additionally, microlearning is an excellent way to cut down on training expenses and time when used in conjunction with performance management
- People Need Instant Information
Given all the distractions people encounter during the day, the micro-learning method’s quickness is one of its main selling points. In reality, Bradbury’s research indicates that after 20 minutes, a person’s attention span steadily declines. For this reason, it’s critical to divide knowledge into brief, digestible chunks that are ideal for those who have a lot to learn.
How to Implement Micro-Learning Techniques in WordPress e-learning
Some people may find it challenging to implement microlearning in eLearning because they are unsure of how to break up content into smaller chunks. eLearning developers and other organizational leaders can find it easier if they adhere to the following techniques:
- Emphasize the Most Vital Details
Some people may not read everything in their online courses because of time constraints or other obligations. To address this, you can use the e-microlearning technique to emphasize the topics that students should concentrate on first. Information can be emphasized, and courses can be divided into manageable chunks by underlining specific parts. Furthermore, by concentrating on the most crucial information, color-coding and prioritizing learning materials can enhance learning outcomes and retention.
- Make sure it works on mobile devices.
All instructors must ensure that their micro-learning courses are mobile-friendly. Students desire adaptability. Everywhere they go, especially on a mobile device, they want to be able to learn. Microlearning is a major factor in the growing popularity of mobile learning. Making micro-courses mobile-friendly removes all obstacles to learning. Taking classes is a seamless process.
It even assists students in forming new study habits. They could complete a five-minute micro course every day during their lunch break. After all, mobile training and microlearning go hand in hand.
- Utilize The Various Micro-Content Formats
As previously stated, you have access to a wide variety of content to enhance your eLearning plan. It comprises brief videos, pictures and infographics, slideshows, written materials, and even interactive tests—all of which are useful tools for segmenting information into manageable chunks. In a short amount of time, these kinds of content can assist learners in becoming more knowledgeable, which will help them retain information better for higher performance.
- Use WordPress Plugins for Microlearning
Fortunately, WordPress can easily include microlearning with the help of additional plugins because of its versatility. The completion of an online student’s micro-learning experience and meeting the unique demands of both online instructors and students depend on these plugins and other WordPress resources.
- Establish How Much Free Time Your Students Have
It’s crucial to take into account how much free time your students have so that you can tailor your material delivery. In this manner, you may quickly enlighten people, and as a result, they will assimilate the information more effectively.
- Content Gamification
Microlearning is frequently associated with quick tests and other interactive materials. Furthermore, by enhancing their engagement with the content, microlearning gamification can aid in people’s learning of a subject. Gamification increases memory and strengthens a beneficial connection.
- Avoid Stuffing Too Much Information into the Content
Simple content that doesn’t need a lot of reading or studying is necessary for learners to be able to retain information. People may find it more difficult to remember information when written in lengthy paragraphs since they will be more likely to become sidetracked by other things. Keep it brief and straightforward, but keep in mind that there should always be a specific learning aim or goal, so make an effort to prioritize your learning. Even while it may seem like a lot of work to organize everything, the eLearning experience will be improved.
Plugins to Implement Micro-Learning Techniques in WordPress e-Learning
A variety of plugins and add-ons are available to improve microlearning in WordPress e-learning. The following add-ons and plugins may be helpful:
- With H5P, anyone can more effectively develop rich and engaging micro-learning content.
- Because H5P content is mobile-friendly and responsive, users can enjoy the same rich, interactive micro-learning content on tablets, smartphones, and PCs.
- Authors can make and edit interactive games, films, slideshows, ads, and more with H5P.
- GamiPress allows you to provide your users with virtual prizes for engaging with your micro-learning materials.
- It encourages achievement, ranks, and points, which makes learning more fun and competitive.
- GamiPress is available for download straight from the WordPress repository and is open-source.
- You can acquire everything that GamiPress has to offer in one convenient package because there isn’t a premium edition of the software.
- Quiz and Survey Master
- The best way to quickly build and manage surveys and quizzes on your WordPress e-learning site is with QSM.
- install the plugin, and in a matter of minutes, begin creating your quizzes. Select from an array of question formats, such as multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank, true/false, trivia quiz, and more.
- It is possible to incorporate robust functionalities like quiz saving and resumes, advanced report viewing, logic condition addition, quiz export and import, and even certificate generation for your users.
LearnDash is a WordPress LMS plugin that allows users to create, market, and sell online courses from the convenience of their WordPress dashboard. It offers a variety of features, including a drag-and-drop interface for organizing courses into modules, lessons, lesson sections, and lesson topics, as well as a Quiz Builder for creating quizzes1. LearnDash also offers advanced learning features such as drip-feed content, learner assessments, certificates and badges, and the ability to track student progress.
- Tin Canny Reporting for LearnDash
- In version 3.6 Tin Canny, there are additional features, including a more prominent X icon for modules in a lightbox, more adjustable user details in reports, support for microlearning with Single Page LearnDash courses, and more.
- It offers an option to create stand-alone courses without using LearnDash lessons and topics by using Articulate Storyline, iSpring, H5P, and other module types.
- It is necessary to have the Toolkit Pro for LearnDash plugin installed, active, and the module switched on in order to use Single Page Courses for microlearning.
- Students are able to track their progress in every class they’ve begun with MemberPress Courses Quizzes and Progress Tracking capabilities.
- Students can also assess their knowledge quickly.
Let TeknoFlair’s eLearning experts help you implement micro-learning strategies that boost engagement and retention. Contact us today!
People Also Ask
How is microlearning put into practice?
The following are 5 steps to include microlearning in your plan for training and learning:
- Establish Your Training Objectives:
- Develop Lessons Using the Learning Styles of Your Staff:
- Assess Your Design Selections:
- Provide Access to Microlearning Anytime, Anywhere:
- Assess the Objectives of Your Microlearning:
How can I set up a WordPress e-learning course?
Go to the Tutor LMS tab and select the Courses option to start creating new eLearning courses. To add a new course to your website, click the Add New button. By clicking “Proceed,” you’ll be taken to a page where you can effortlessly create your course. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to start sharing your knowledge with the world. Click now and get started! The course’s title, description, and material can all be added here.
How is content for microlearning created?
Six steps to producing content for microlearning
- Understand your students.
- Decide on just one learning objective.
- Make your content brief.
- Give relatable instances.
- Adopt a conversational and lively tone.
- Make it interesting.
How does micro-e learning work?
Micro-learning complements standard e-learning by breaking down the learning process into smaller parts. Micro-learning activities are typically comprised of brief classes, assignments, or coursework meant to provide students with “bits” of knowledge.
Which five advantages come with e-learning?
1) All learners’ demands are met via online learning.
2) If required, lectures can be repeated.
3) Updating content is simple.
4) Fast Delivery.
6) Always of a High Quality.
7) Reduction of Environmental Impact.
Here are key takeaways for implementing micro-learning techniques in WordPress e-learning:
- Definition: Micro-learning involves delivering small, focused bursts of information through various formats.
- Formats: Videos, apps, games, infographics—bite-sized content lasting 5-10 minutes.
- Benefits: Improved retention, flexible learning, cost-effectiveness, and accessibility.
- Prioritize Vital Details: Emphasize crucial information to focus learners’ attention.
- Mobile Compatibility: Ensure content is accessible on mobile devices for on-the-go learning.
- Diverse Content Formats: Use various content types—videos, images, quizzes—for effective segmentation.
- WordPress Plugins: Leverage plugins like H5P, GamiPress, Quiz and Survey Master, Tin Canny Reporting, WPLMS, and MemberPress.
- Consider Learners’ Time: Tailor content delivery to accommodate learners’ schedules and preferences.
- Interactive Elements: Integrate gamification and interactive quizzes for engagement.
- Concise Content: Keep content brief, engaging, and aligned with specific learning objectives.
- References and Hyperlinks: Provide additional resources for self-directed learning and exploration.
Micro-Learning Plugin Recommendations
- H5P: Enables rich and interactive content creation.
- GamiPress: Offers rewards and engagement features.
- Quiz and Survey Master: Allows easy quiz creation with diverse question formats.
- WordPress Courseware: Facilitates diverse multimedia inclusion.
- Tin Canny Reporting for LearnDash: Enhanced reporting and compatibility features.
- WPLMS: Built-in micro-learning tools within the learning management system.
- MemberPress: Tracks progress and enables quick assessments for students.
- Training Objectives: Align micro-learning with clear training objectives.
- WordPress E-Learning Course Setup: Use Tutor LMS to create courses, add content, and describe course details.
- Content Creation: Understand the audience, focus on a single learning objective, and keep it concise, engaging, relatable, and conversational.
- Benefits of Micro-Learning and E-Learning:
- E-Learning Advantages: Tailored learning, repeatability, easy content updates, quick delivery, affordability, high quality, and reduced environmental impact.
Implementing micro-learning in WordPress e-learning enhances engagement, improves retention, and offers flexibility, catering to diverse learning preferences and schedules.
I am a professional copywriter helping businesses transform into brands using creative wordsmithery with a dash of rhetoric and creativity.